Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Grinding Gears

Grinding Gears
Do you think you drive your car properly?
Do you concern yourself with the rules of the road?
If you are a South African, chances are you drive like a total nincompoop.

Allow me to generalise. The following types of cars are typically chosen by the nincompoop driver fraternity in South Africa:
-4x4 or 2x4 pick-up trucks/Bakkies (they think they are permanently off-road)
-Beemers (They have bought time-share in the fast lane)
-Mercs (Not now, I'm busy on the phone)
-The ubiquitous minibus taxi (You won't bump into me so I don't care what I do)

The fast lane in South Africa is the right-hand lane. The Golden rule of the road "Keep left, Pass Right" is interpreted in many different ways, despite it being very simple.

Think about that simple rule...... Keep left, Pass right. I'll be delving into the many interpretations in my next blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home