Thursday, March 09, 2006

How to get credit in (a) Monopoly

Did you know that whenever you fill in a form to obtain credit or to open an account, your answers (or lack of answers) and the quality of your answers are weighted, scored and totaled?

Depending on this score, your application is either accepted or rejected. If it is accepted the score determines what level of credit you will receive.

One of the ubiquitous fields on the form is "Home Telephone Number" If you don't fill this field, you are effectively penalized.

So, by not supporting a monopoly (Telkom), you are being penalized....

Until I can order a landline telephone from another supplier other than Telkom, they are a Monopoly.

I have ditched Telkom because they have caused me so much stress over the past 5 years that I said "NO MORE" Now I rely on my Cell Phone and IBurst wireless for Internet connectivity.

2 Comments:

At 9:07 am, Blogger TiaanB said...

Hey,

How's the IBurst working out? Been looking at options, Sentech being the obvious as no-one can give me feedback on IBurst.

 
At 10:50 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Yeh Grinder, give us one of your well put together articles, like "30 000kB with iBurst".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home